Awards for Excellence
Awards for Excellence are held annually to recognise members of the community who have made significant contributions to our locality. Nominations for Community Service (Group), Design, Sport and Environmental Achievement are now open.
The deadline for nominations is Friday, 18 November 2016.
Nomination forms and guidelines can be obtained by:
- Visiting the City of Mitcham Civic Centre, 131 Belair Road, Torrens Park.
- Calling our Customer Service Centre on 8372 8888.
- Clicking on the below links.
Community Services (Group) Award
Is awarded to a club, group or school who have made a noteworthy contribution, undertaken a project or served the community during the year.
Is awarded for outstanding achievement for properties built within the City of Mitcham. This award covers:
- new residential development - single dwelling.
- new residential development - multi dwelling.
- outstanding achievement for a new non-residential development (this category is to recognise the many non-residential and mixed developments that occur within the City. This could include both public and private buildings and will include development forms such as warehouses, shops, offices, showrooms and workshops).
- Outstanding achievement for alterations and additions to an existing building (this category is to recognise alterations and additions to any existing building).
- Outstanding achievement in heritage restoration and/or conservation (this category is designed to include restoration works carried out on any Local Heritage Place, Contributory items and any other original building within the City. This category may include both residential and non-residential development).
- Outstanding achievement in environmentally responsive development (this category is designed to include any form of development that incorporates design elements that promote good environmental management and efficiency).
- Excellence in land subdivision.
Is awarded to an individual, team, group or school that has achieved in a sport or has supported or fostered a sport or club.
Environmental Achievement Award
Is awarded to businesses, groups and individuals who demonstrate a commitment to continual environmental improvement and environmental sustainability, an innovative approach to environmental management, and a reduction in the environmental impact of its operations, products, services or suppliers.
All nominations must be received by 5 pm, Friday 13 November 2015 at the City of Mitcham Civic Centre, 131 Belair Road, Torrens Park SA 5062.
For further information please contact Council's Civic Events Officer on 8372 8805 or email firstname.lastname@example.org