Carols by the Creek
Expressions of Interest Sought
Carols by the Creek Director, Producer and Program Coordinator
The City of Mitcham is seeking expressions of interest for an experienced Carols Director, Producer and Program Coordinator to undertake our significant Carols by the Creek event on 6 December 2015.
The Carols Director is responsible for developing, coordinating, and supervising the music program and nativity scene of the Carols by the Creek Christmas event.
The Carols Director recruits, trains and rehearses members of the musical group and oversees the production, sings and leads carols program. Employs a stage manager, Father Christmas and all musical acts.
- Preside as main director over musical programs and oversee production.
- Select carols and arrange lyrics for event songbook.
- Direct Mitcham Brass Band members at rehearsals.
- Recruit prominent headline and children’s act.
- Recruit choirs and soloists for performance.
- Recruit pipes and drums performer.
- Lead the choirs.
- Perform some of the carols.
- Act as compere should other MCs not be sourced.
- Help soloists rehearse.
- Plan and schedule rehearsals.
- Coordinate and rehearse Nativity scene.
- Source Christmas costumes for nativity scene.
- Liaise with Sound and Lighting contractors and staging contractors.
- Coordinate soundcheck.
- Attend planning meetings with Council staff and local Church representatives.
- Write script for MCs.
- Pay performers, stage manager, Father Christmas after the event.
- Participate in evaluation meeting.
- Other services or inclusions are willing to be considered.
Please send an outline of your services to be offered including how you will plan the program, previous experience including references and quote for service to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm 8 July 2015 or phone 8372 8805 for more information.
Carols by the Creek 2015 - Sunday 6 December
Sunday 6 December
5.00 pm – 6.30 pm BBQ & Food Stalls, community choirs and free face painting, camel and pony rides
6.45 pm – 9 pm Community Carols
SoldiersMemorial Gardens, Belair Road, Hawthorn
For interest in hosting a not-for-profit community food stall please complete and return the form below by Friday 30 October Carols Food Stall Form(241 kb)
Thanks to our 2014 Sponsors: