Community Development Grants, Individual Achievement Grants and Other Funding Opportunities
Community Development Grants
Through its Community Development Grants, determined by the Community Development Grants Committee, the City of Mitcham provides the opportunity for community groups and organisations to participate in and contribute to the community and cultural life of the City by developing projects, programs or activities which are innovative and offer a different approach to meeting community needs.
Grants of up to $1,500 are available to eligible community groups and organisations to undertake Community Development Projects.
- Community Development
- Cultural Development
- Youth Development
- Community Health
- Environmental Improvement
Priority will be given to projects which address the City of Mitcham's Strategic Plan objectives, in particular the following:
- To encourage and support community involvement in the activities of the City of Mitcham.
- To develop and promote opportunities for cultural events and encourage a broad range of activities, which reflect cultural diversity, including youth culture.
- To ensure a sustainable environment.
The City of Mitcham's Strategic Plan can be viewed or downloaded from this site.
The next round of funding closes at 5 pm on Monday 30 September 2013.
The application form and guidelines are currently being updated and will be uploaded shortly. Please contact the Council on 8372 8899 if you require further information.
Individual Achievement Grants
Funding for the 2012/2013 financial year for this program has been fully expended. Please contact the Council on 8372 8899 if you wish to apply for a grant for an event which will be held after 1 July 2013.
Supporting Our High Achievers
If you are a City of Mitcham resident and are selected or invited to represent South Australia or Australia in a national or international competition or event, held outside of South Australia, the City of Mitcham can help you with financial support through its Individual Donation Scheme.
The Scheme has been established to assist local people who excel in their particular sporting, cultural or academic activity and have been selected to represent South Australia or Australia at a national or international competition / event / cultural activity. A donation of $100 may be given to individuals travelling interstate and $200 for individuals travelling overseas depending on available funds.
Who Can Apply?
To be eligible for sponsorship applicants must:
- reside within the City of Mitcham; and
- have been selected or invited to represent the state or the nation (application must include evidence of selection / invitation to attend the event representing the State or Nation); and
- be required to travel interstate or overseas to participate; and
- not have received a donation from the City of Mitcham in the past 24 months; and
- complete the Individual Donation Scheme Application Form, attaching evidence of selection; and
- complete the attached Tax Declaration form.
Applications will not be considered without the supporting documentation and must be received by the Council prior to the event commencing.
Generally this fund is for first time applicants, although applicants who have received a donation previously may be considered after a 24 month period has lapsed, depending on available funds.
For more information contact the Council on 8372 8899.
Other Sources of Funding
Australian Government GrantsLINK website
The GrantsLINK directory has information about Federal, State and Local Government programs. http://www.grantslink.gov.au/
Office for Recreation and Sport
Commonwealth Bank Community Grants
The Commonwealth Bank provides grants of up to $10,000 to local community organisations with Deductible Gift Recipient Status to support the health and wellbeing of Australian children. Application forms and guidelines available from the Commonwealth Bank at http://www.combank.com.au/grants