The Full Council, composed of the Mayor and 13 Ward Councillors, is the decision-making body on all policy matters.
Full Council Meetings are held on the second and fourth Tuesday of each month commencing at 7.00 pm in the Council Chambers, 131 Belair Road, Torrens Park, with the exception of January and December, when only one meeting per month is held, ie:
- The December meeting is held on the second Tuesday of the month
- The January meeting is held on the last Tuesday of the month
Agendas and minutes are available for viewing at:
- Council's Civic Centre, 131 Belair Road, Torrens Park
- Mitcham Library, 154 Belair Road, Hawthorn
- Blackwood Library, 215 Main Road, Blackwood
The City of Mitcham has a strong commitment to maintaining public access to Council and Committee meetings. Opportunity will continue to be given to the public to make a deputation if requested before the meeting and permission is granted by the Chair. There is also a Gallery Question Time at Council meetings where the public is able to ask questions of the Council.