The Mitcham Library Service offers books, CDs, audio books, DVDs, newspapers, journals, databases, pedometers, magazines plus much more. In addition we have personal computers with free high speed internet access for public use, wireless internet access, scanners, image management software, and other Microsoft Office applications. The Libraries also offer:
Free public access to the internet is available at Mitcham and Blackwood Libraries. A self booking system operates from library terminals. People under the age of 18 require signed permission from a guardian. We also offer a variety of internet classes for a minimal fee and free wireless access. See Computer Access & Courses.
Photocopying, Faxing and Laminating
The Mitcham Library Service provides the facilities to photocopy, fax or laminate documents.
- A4 - 20 cents per page (black and white).
- A3 - 40 cents per page (black and white).
- A4 - $1.50 per page (colour).
- A3 - $3.00 per page (colour).
- Local - $1.40 per page (excl. cover sheet)
- Interstate - $2.30 per page (excl. cover sheet)
- (Faxes can only be sent within Australia).
- A4 - $3.10.
- A3 - $4.20.
- Businees card - $1.10.
We also offer:
- Baby storytime
- Badge machine
- Book discussion groups
- Community and Council Information
- Computer training classes
- Home energy toolkit
- Engraving equipment
- Wii (Blackwood) & Xbox (Mitcham)
- Group tours, community talks and activities
- Guest speakers
- Library bags
- Meeting rooms
- Scanner and printer
- School and kindergarten visits
- School holiday activities
- Special displays
- Storytelling and craft for pre-schoolers
- Toy libraries