Library Information
Strategic Plan Download
Download Mitcham Community News

Coreega

This part of Springfield was originally purchased in 1882 by Frank Makin, and the 16 room house constructed of freestone facing Fullarton Road (now Carrick Hill Road) was completed the following year.

Coreega House

Carrick Hill Road (formerly Fullarton Road) Springfield. Built about 1882 for Frank Makin. Sold in 1888 to George Riddock then to Joseph Florey (father of Howard Florey) in 1906.
Coreega House in 1935  

Joseph installed Coreega's grand staircase. As a reminder of its famous owner, a plaque above the front door bell proclaims "Lord Florey lived here".

Coreega Stairs Large

Find us on FacebookTwittereNews
Contact:
City of Mitcham -ABN 92 180 069 793
131 Belair Road, Torrens Park SA 5062
T: +61 8 8372 8888 | F: +61 8 83728101
E: mitcham@mitchamcouncil.sa.gov.au
Last date modified: 2017-10-20T19:27:58
SA Councils MapsSnap Send Solve
Navigation