The Full Council, composed of the Mayor and 13 Ward Councillors, is the decision-making body on all policy matters.
Full Council Meetings are held on the second and fourth Tuesday of each month commencing at 7 pm in the Council Chambers, 131 Belair Road, Torrens Park, with the exception of January and December, when only one meeting per month will be held, ie:
- The January meeting will be held on the fourth Tuesday of the month
- The December meeting will be held on the second Tuesday of the month
Agendas and minutes are available for viewing at:
- Council's Civic Centre, 131 Belair Road, Torrens Park
- Mitcham Library, 154 Belair Road, Hawthorn
- Blackwood Library, 215 Main Road, Blackwood
The City of Mitcham has a strong commitment to maintaining public access to Council and Committee meetings. Opportunity will continue to be given to the public to make a deputation if requested before the meeting and permission is granted by the Chair - if you wish to make a deputation please forward your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. There is also a Gallery Question Time at Council meetings where the public is able to ask questions of the Council.
Current Council Committees
Council Assessment Panel (formerly the Development Assessment Panel)