Annual Business Plan, Budget and Long Term Financial Plan 2020/21
The Annual Business Plan, Budget and Long Term Financial Plan sets out the actions that Council will deliver for the financial year, including existing services and strategic actions.
From the outset of the COVID-19 crisis, Council has taken steps to support residents and ratepayers to ensure the long-term viability of the economy and the safety and wellbeing of the community.
Along with targeted relief for ratepayers and businesses affected by COVID-19, Council has earmarked a range of projects that can be brought forward to stimulate economic activity, protect jobs and generate employment.
This budget continues to respond to the changing environment of the crisis through the flexible and innovative delivery of existing services. At the same time, it endeavours to work towards the long-term vision, goals and themes set out in Mitcham 2030 through the delivery of new projects and services.
The 2020/21 Annual Business Plan, Budget and Long Term Financial Plan is available to download as:
- Annual Business Plan, Budget and Long Term Financial Plan Summary
- Annual Business Plan, Budget and Long Term Financial Plan Full Document
FINANCIAL OVERVIEW IN 2020/21
- $66.1 million Operating Expenditure
- $54.6 million Capital Expenditure
- $65.0 million Operating Income
- 1.91% Rate Increase for ratepayers not financially impacted by COVID-19, on average.
- A targeted rate reduction of minus (8.09%) on average for all COVID-19 impacted ratepayers; via a 10% rate remission.
- Resulting in an overall budgeted decrease in rate revenue of (0.64%) less than last year (excluding growth).
- This means that ratepayers financially impacted by COVID-19 will see residential rates decrease by $147 on average, and commercial rates decrease by $346 on average. Those not financially impacted will see residential rates increase by $34 on average, and commercial rates increase by $75 on average.
COUNCIL PRIORITIES IN 2020/21
Council will deliver a number of new or enhanced services and projects in addition to its existing services that include:
- Blackwood Community Hub and Waite Street Reserve Activation
- Increased Public Art Funding
- Continued Extension and Upgrading of the Stormwater Network
- Flinders City Bikeway
- Continued Implementation of Brownhill Keswick Creek
- Karinya Reserve Sport Facilities Upgrade
- Sturt Linear Shared Use Path
- Continuation of the Water Sensitive Urban Design program
- Kingswood Oval Sport Facilities Upgrade
- Hawthorndene Oval Sport Facilities Upgrade
- City Wide Accelerated Tree Program
Council will also deliver a number of one-off initiatives and programs in 2020/21 (called operating projects); including:
- Blackwood Community Hub and Waite Street Reserve – Finalising Preliminary Design
- Bin Tagging Education Campaign – Year 1 Pilot
- GISA Industry and Business Group – LEAP Grants
- Special Residential Character Areas Development Plan Amendment
- Colonel Light Gardens Event
- Access and Inclusion Review
- Representation Review
- Gault Ward Supplementary Election
- Second Gault Ward Supplementary Election
- GISA – Three Bin Design Options
- Graffiti Kit Trial
- Reflect Reconciliation Action Plan
Further operating projects will be considered at a mid-year review of the budget priorities.
For further information on Council’s Annual Business Plan, Long Term Financial Plan or Rates please contact Council on 8372 8888.
|Previous Long Term Financial Plans|
Previous Annual Business Plans
Annual Business Plan, Budget and Long Term Financial Plan - 2018/19