There are up to 16 different cemeteries/burial sites across the City Of Mitcham.
Many of the pioneering families who helped establish South Australia and Mitcham are buried in such cemeteries across the Council area including:
- Centennial Park Cemetery, Goodwood Road, Pasadena
- Coromandel Valley General Cemetery, Crane Avenue, Coromandel Valley
Dominican Nuns' Cemetery, Cabra, Cumberland Park
- Holy Innocents Anglican Church, Sheoak Road, Belair
- Mitcham General Cemetery, Old Belair Road, Mitcham
- Mitcham Anglican Cemetery, Old Belair Road, Mitcham
- Passionist Fathers' Cemetery, St Paul's Retreat, Cross Road, Urrbrae
- Sisters of Saint Joseph of the Sacred Heart (Nun's Cemetery), Blythwood Road, Mitcham
- St Marys Anglican Cemetery, South Road, St Marys
- Upper Sturt Cemetery, Sturt Valley Road, Upper Sturt
- West Mitcham Cemetery, Belair Road, Torrens Park
If you would like further information about these cemeteries or are interested in finding out where your ancestors are buried, please contact the Local History Service on 8372 8261 (Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays 9am - 1:30pm) or email email@example.com.
Council maintains the Mitcham General Cemetery, Old Belair Road, Mitcham. For information regarding burials, cremations, monument applications fees and lease transfers etc., please contact the City of Mitcham on 8372 8888 or via email.
Guided walking tours of the Mitcham General Cemetery and/or The Mitcham Anglican Cemetery are now available through council. More information and booking details can be found on our Mitcham Cemetery Tours brochure.