Have Your Say
We invite you to provide feedback on the proposed installation of artificial turf and relocation of the current lights to the community reserve (the former croquet club reserve) at Price Memorial Oval as well as a shade structure/shelter.
The Price Memorial Oval Master Plan was endorsed by Council on 10 October 2017. The Master Plan will guide improvements to this site and provides a comprehensive vision and plan for the future improvement and development of the oval. As part of the Master Plan the development of a sports warm up area was identified.
This community engagement relates to the installation of artificial turf, relocating the current lights and the installation of a shade structure/shelter at Price Memorial Oval. The relocation of the current lights and proposed artificial turf location is the area formally occupied by the croquet club, this proposal will create a warm up area for the clubs which will also be available to the community to access.
You are invited to provide feedback by completing the online form below by 5pm on Wednesday 13 November 2019.
For further information call 8372 8888 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have Your Say Price Memorial Oval
Price Memorial Oval
The City of Mitcham has developed a Master Plan for Price Memorial Oval located in Hawthorn in consultation with the community. The Master Plan have been prepared to guide future improvements of this oval and provides a comprehensive vision and plan for the future improvement and development of this oval. A Master Plan considers a wide range of interconnecting issues such as use, movement of cars and pedestrians, landscaping and built form. A Master Plan is not a detailed engineering or building design which comes at a later stage.
There are no timeframes currently set for implementation of the Master Plan. Implementation may occur in stages and over a number of years, and is subject to funding availability from a variety of sources which may include Council, State Government, Federal Government, peak sporting bodies, and sporting groups.
Key elements of the Master Plan include:
- Upgraded and Expanded Shared Use Building Facility that will be used primarily by the oval sporting groups (Mitcham Football Club and Sturt District Cricket Club)
- Bowling Green improvements including upgraded flood lighting and Council support of the conversion of the greens to synthetic into the future
- Upgraded flood lighting to lawn tennis courts
- Oval improvements including upgraded drainage, upgraded flood lighting, and two permanent coaches boxes
- Carparking improvements included sealing and drainage measures, and formalised carparking around the north/west of the oval and to the south of the site (access from Angas Road)
- Community Recreation Area which could include new playground with shade structure, sports warm up/stretching area, small scale community garden, and new BBQ area
For more information please call 8372 8888 and speak to Council’s Community Sporting Facility and Recreation Officer.