Thank you to those community members who gave feedback on Price Memorial Oval Stage 2B Proposed Works. Feedback is currently being reviewed and will soon be presented to Council for decision. Further updates will be available early in 2020.
If you have any questions, please contact us on 8372 8888 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Price Memorial Oval Master Plan was endorsed by Council on 10 October 2017. The Master Plan will guide improvements to this site and provides a comprehensive vision and plan for the future improvement and development of the oval. As part of the Master Plan the development of a sports warm up area was identified.
Price Memorial Oval
The City of Mitcham has developed a Master Plan for Price Memorial Oval located in Hawthorn in consultation with the community. The Master Plan have been prepared to guide future improvements of this oval and provides a comprehensive vision and plan for the future improvement and development of this oval. A Master Plan considers a wide range of interconnecting issues such as use, movement of cars and pedestrians, landscaping and built form. A Master Plan is not a detailed engineering or building design which comes at a later stage.
There are no timeframes currently set for implementation of the Master Plan. Implementation may occur in stages and over a number of years, and is subject to funding availability from a variety of sources which may include Council, State Government, Federal Government, peak sporting bodies, and sporting groups.
Key elements of the Master Plan include:
- Upgraded and Expanded Shared Use Building Facility that will be used primarily by the oval sporting groups (Mitcham Football Club and Sturt District Cricket Club)
- Bowling Green improvements including upgraded flood lighting and Council support of the conversion of the greens to synthetic into the future
- Upgraded flood lighting to lawn tennis courts
- Oval improvements including upgraded drainage, upgraded flood lighting, and two permanent coaches boxes
- Carparking improvements included sealing and drainage measures, and formalised carparking around the north/west of the oval and to the south of the site (access from Angas Road)
- Community Recreation Area which could include new playground with shade structure, sports warm up/stretching area, small scale community garden, and new BBQ area
For more information please call 8372 8888 and speak to Council’s Community Sporting Facility and Recreation Officer.