The City of Mitcham has developed a Master Plan for Price Memorial Oval located in Hawthorn in consultation with the community. The Master Plan have been prepared to guide future improvements of this oval and provides a comprehensive vision and plan for the future improvement and development of this oval. A Master Plan considers a wide range of interconnecting issues such as use, movement of cars and pedestrians, landscaping and built form. A Master Plan is not a detailed engineering or building design which comes at a later stage.
There are no timeframes currently set for implementation of the Master Plan. Implementation may occur in stages and over a number of years, and is subject to funding availability from a variety of sources which may include Council, State Government, Federal Government, peak sporting bodies, and sporting groups.
Key elements of the Master Plan include:
- Upgraded and Expanded Shared Use Building Facility that will be used primarily by the oval sporting groups (Mitcham Football Club and Sturt District Cricket Club)
- Bowling Green improvements including upgraded flood lighting and Council support of the conversion of the greens to synthetic into the future
- Upgraded flood lighting to lawn tennis courts
- Oval improvements including upgraded drainage, upgraded flood lighting, and two permanent coaches boxes
- Carparking improvements included sealing and drainage measures, and formalised carparking around the north/west of the oval and to the south of the site (access from Angas Road)
- Community Recreation Area which could include new playground with shade structure, sports warm up/stretching area, small scale community garden, and new BBQ area
For more information please call 8372 8888 and speak to Council’s Community Sporting Facility and Recreation Officer.