Do you own or live in a heritage-listed building in the City of Mitcham? We offer funding to subsidise your restoration and conservation projects.
What is the Mitcham Heritage Subsidy Scheme?
The Mitcham Heritage Subsidy Scheme gives money to owners and lessees of heritage-listed buildings in the City of Mitcham for their conservation efforts. A 25% subsidy (up to $3,000) is available for each project.
Who can apply for the subsidy?
You can apply for a subsidy if you own or lease a heritage-listed building in the City of Mitcham, including:
- recognised state heritage places
- recognised local heritage places
- properties in the Colonel Light Gardens state heritage area
- contributory items in historic conservation zones and policy areas.
Properties owned by the local council or government departments aren’t eligible for funding.
What is the process for getting the subsidy?
We decide which projects get subsidy funding (and which ones don’t) based on the Mitcham Heritage Subsidy Policy. These decisions are made at our discretion and are subject to fund availability.
- Download and fill out the editable application form here (PDF).
- Submit your application form along with two quotes for the work and photographs of the existing state of the building or area to email@example.com with the subject line ‘Mitcham Heritage Subsidy Scheme application’.
- Once we’ve received your application, one of our heritage advisors will assess it and our development and compliance director will decide if you’ll be offered grant assistance.
- We’ll let you know whether or not your application is successful and how much money we’ll contribute to your project. We’ll also send you an agreement for you to sign.
- Sign the agreement that outlines any special conditions recommended by the heritage advisor as well as general conditions for the project.
- Once the project is complete, settle your account with your contractors and send us a copy of the paid account as well as ‘before and after’ photos of the project.
- We’ll reimburse you with a cheque or an electronic funds transfer.
For more information about the scheme, call our business support officers on 8372 8823.