Justice of the Peace
The City of Mitcham provides a Justice of the Peace service at the City of Mitcham Civic Centre and the Mitcham and Blackwood Libraries for residents who are able to visit these centres.
JP Duties include:
- JP service to the customers, signed and notated
- Record all JP transactions
- Ensure customers understand the nature of their documents prior to signing
- We thank you for your patience as we have been getting this service up and running again.
COVID- 19 Guidelines
- Wear a mask while in the signing rooms (there will be disposable ones available if you haven’t been able to source any for yourself)
- Visitors are asked to bring their own pens
- Visits will be limited to 15 minutes maximum
- Visitors are asked to clean down the surface before and after their visit and to use the hand sanitiser provided.
- Numbers of people in the rooms will be determined by the 1 person per 4 square metre rule
- JP’s will ask for contact details for tracing purposes.
- A copy of the regulations, which contains a full list of people who are now authorised witnesses can be found here.
- Should you have any queries, please e-mail Attorney-General'sDepartment@sa.gov.au
JP services are held at the Mitcham Memorial Library and Blackwood Library at the below times:
Mitcham Memorial Library
Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays, 10am to 12pm
Mondays and Wednesdays, 10am to 12pm